WEEK TWO RECAP
- After going through the ordeal of the cancelled Nebraska vs Akron game, Kurtis and I wanted no part of another cancellation. Naturally, it took all of one game to have weather threaten another outcome. The TCU vs SMU game was delayed due to severe storms, and delayed again, and again…
…and again, and finally kicked off two hours after the scheduled game time. Crisis averted.
- Two embarrassing college football streaks were broken this weekend:
- Kansas broke a 46-game road losing streak with their win against Central Michigan. Not only did they win, they won easily: 31-7. The Chippewas did their part to seal a Kansas victory by turning the ball over on six of their 8 second half possessions.
- Kentucky ended a 31-game losing streak to Florida, which dated back to the Carter Administration. The Lyrics to ‘My Old Kentucky Home’, which is sung annually at the Kentucky Derby, captures the sentiment: “…Weep no more my lady. Oh! Weep no more today!”
WEEK TWO RESULTS
- WEEK TWO WINNER: Joe Capra. Four people went 6-0: Joe Capra, Christopher McIntosh, Annie Tran and Joe Cafiero. Joe led the way with 126 points.
- I said four people went 6-0. Technically, that isn’t correct. One person, Joe Cafiero, went 7-0, which is the first 7-0 in PP6 history….and hopefully the last.
- The group winning and lock winning percentages were solid: 53.2% and 54.7%, respectively.
- 64 people scored 100 point or more! We only had 21 last week.
- Clemson was the most popular pick of the week. They won, but they didn’t cover.
- The most popular lock was TCU. They won and covered.
- The most popular underdog to be locked was Kansas State. They got killed.
- The group majority sided with the underdog in only four games.
- We’re only two weeks into the season, and only 112 of the 432 have a 2-0 lock record.