WEEK TWO RECAP
- OU at Tennessee: It was an impressive comeback fueled by an impressive second half effort by the Sooner defense. Time will tell whether or not it was an impressive win. Going into the contest, the Volunteers were 1-26 against ranked opponents over the last five years. By comparison, Iowa State has a 4-22 record over the same time period. The Sooners were happy to extend Tennessee’s streak to 1-27. Now, they’ll be happy to see the Vols start beating some decent opponents.
- OSU vs Central Arkansas: Before the game, all most people knew about Central Arkansas was that they were an FCS School, they were probably located somewhere near the center of Arkansas, and that they would be blown out by halftime. Check, check, check back later. The Bears were coming off a decisive defeat at the hands of Samford University (Samford with a “Sam”, not a “Stan”). Yet, the Cowboys needed three quarters to secure a comfortable lead. If the offensive line does not show drastic improvement in the immediate future, there is no reason to think they ever will…and no reason to think the Cowboys could compete for anything but a mediocre bowl berth.
- Extra points are often taken for granted. However, as time grows short in closely contested games, the once menial task can be almost unbearable to watch….just ask Tennessee and OU fans from last weekend. One man that does not take extra points for granted is the Iowa State placeholder. It makes you wonder what his reaction was to the touchdown.
- A LOOK AHEAD: On Saturday, Miami and Nebraska will meet on the gridiron for the twelfth time. These two storied programs are trying to find their way back to the upper crust of college football. Seeing the week three matchup reminded me of some Miami Hurricane team pictures I saw earlier this summer:
It is hard to fathom what is going on here. When Miami was at their best, they struck fear in their opponents. They were fast, loud-mouthed, hard hitting players with criminal records. It appears the current players have records, too: Barbara Streisand records, Justin Bieber records…
WEEK TWO RESULTS
- WEEK TWO WINNERS: Ryan Henderson, Stephanie Mehlhouse, Mike Hester and Candace Barrett. Fortunately, you won. You and everyone else. The winners will split the weekly payout four ways.
- Nobody managed to go 6-0 this week, but there were 7 people that went 0-6.
- The group winning percentage was bad: 42.7%. The lock percentage was even worse: 40.3%.
- The OU vs Tennessee game was easily the most popular, with the Sooners receiving 171 of the 202 picks.
- Had OU lost, the group winning percentage would’ve been 34.8%
- For more week two stats, click here
One thought on “WEEK TWO RECAP AND RESULTS”
Those Miami Hurricane pictures…